Situated in the new biosciences cluster in scenic Palm Beach County in south Florida, the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience provides a vibrant, interactive environment where scientists are provided generous ongoing support to conduct high impact research at the cutting edge.
Our LEED-NC Gold Certified, 100,000 square foot institute is located on 6 acres of Florida Atlantic University’s John D. MacArthur Campus in Jupiter, Florida, neighbored by FAU’s Wilkes Honors College and Scripps Florida. Construction of our state-of-the-art research facility began in June of 2010 with a groundbreaking ceremony hosted by Dr. Peter Gruss, President of the Max Planck Society (2002-2014). The building’s grand opening was in December of 2012. Some unique features of our facility include:
- State-of-the-art energy recovery wheels used to capture useable energy from building exhaust
- Recycling of moisture removed during dehumidification contributes to the building’s cooling system
- Building structure provides high levels of stiffness and vibration isolation for sensitive imaging technologies
- Landscaped with drought-tolerant native species; irrigation provided by a municipal reclaimed water system
- External sunshades calibrated to provide ample daylight while minimizing heat and glare
Visit Our Campus
We offer individual or group tours to members of our community on select days. Learn more about our science and how we are making a difference in the field of neuroscience.
South Florida Biotech Cluster
The Jupiter Neuroscience Campus consists of a collaboration between neuroscientists from MPFI, The Herbert Wertheim UF Scripps Institute, and Florida Atlantic University, with an extended network of research excellence throughout Florida.
At MPFI, collaboration is key.
Faculty, investigators, and students regularly organize seminars, poster sessions, training activities, symposia, and networking events to help foster collaborative exchange of scientific ideas and to increase exposure and opportunities for scientists and students.
Apply to the Graduate Program at MPFI
MPFI offers multiple options for students looking to pursue a career in neuroscience.learn more